Assistant Director, Neurogenetics
GeneDx is rapidly growing CLIA-Certified diagnostic genetics laboratory. We provide cutting edge technologies for genetic molecular diagnostics and offer vital, new-platform products in the critical area of molecular diagnostics. We specialize in genetic testing for rare hereditary disorders, but also test for common disorders. Our primary mission is to make clinical testing available to people with rare genetic conditions and their families. Because of our tremendous growth, we are searching for a full time Sr. Clinical Scientist/ Assistant Director, Neurogenetics.
The Assistant Director is responsible for providing skilled management and interpretation of complex cases, ensuring timely review and processing of reports. This Sr. Clinical Scientist/Asst. Director will work closely with other clinical directors, genetic counselors and review analysts to evaluate complex test results and ensure high quality of reports and of documentation for the GeneDx website.
- Actively participates in and coordinates development of new tests for the Neurogenetics Testing program
- Actively works to improve workflow and reduce turnaround time for clinical samples
- Analyzes and evaluates test performance
- Evaluates testing data to develop ideas for presentations and for publication
- Represents GeneDx at national and international meetings
- Maintains expertise and knowledge of Neurogenetic testing and serves as an expert for those genetic tests
- Provides expert customer service to GeneDX clients, and to sales staff