Assistant Director, Cardiogenetics Testing
Senior Clinical Scientist
GeneDx is rapidly growing CLIA-Certified diagnostic genetics laboratory. We provide cutting edge technologies for genetic molecular diagnostics and offer vital, new-platform products in the critical area of molecular diagnostics. We specialize in genetic testing for rare hereditary disorders, but also test for common disorders. Our primary mission is to make clinical testing available to people with rare genetic conditions and their families. Because of our tremendous growth, we are searching for a full time Assistant Director, Cardiogenetics Testing.
The Assistant Director ensures the highest standard and timely processing of result reports and appropriate handling of customer requests and maintains a broad knowledge of Cardiogenetic tests and serves as an expert for those genetic tests. The Assistant Director for Cardiogenetics Testing is responsible for some of the directing responsibilities for the Cardiogenetic Testing Services department as well as:
• Provides expert customer service to GeneDx clients and serves as a consultant to clients, makes recommendations for appropriate genetic testing and explains and discusses results. Represents GeneDx at national and international meetings.
• Actively participates and coordinates development of new tests for the Cardiogenetic Testing Services program
• Provides skilled management and interpretation of complex cases.
• Reviews, signs and writes genetic test reports for the cardiogenetic department, with a focus on complicated results.
• Improves workflow and turnaround times on clinical samples.
• Manages laboratory database with samples and clinical information. Manages statistics.
• Participates in client services and communication (e-mail, phone etc).