Assistant Director, Cardiogenetics
Requirements: Qualification: Board certified MD or PhD
GeneDx is searching for a full time Assistant Director, Cardiogenetics Testing to work on-site in our headquarters in Gaithersburg, MD.
The Assistant Director must have a broad knowledge of Cardiogenetic tests and serves as an expert for those genetic tests. The Assistant Director for Cardiogenetics must have:
Phd in medical technology, chemistry, biology or related life science or MD or DO with Active license.
Certification by the American Board of Medical Genetics
Two years relevant experience
• Provides expert customer service to GeneDx clients and serves as a consultant to clients, makes recommendations for appropriate genetic testing and explains and discusses results. Represents GeneDx at national and international meetings.
• Actively participates and coordinates development of new tests for the Cardiogenetic Testing Services program
• Provides skilled management and interpretation of complex cases.
• Reviews, signs and writes genetic test reports for the cardiogenetic department, with a focus on complicated results.
• Improves workflow and turnaround times on clinical samples.
• Manages laboratory database with samples and clinical information. Manages statistics.
• Participates in client services and communication (e-mail, phone etc).