Assistant Clinical Director, Microarray
GeneDx is rapidly growing CLIA-Certified diagnostic genetics laboratory. We provide cutting edge technologies for genetic molecular diagnostics and offer vital, new-platform products in the critical area of molecular diagnostics. We specialize in genetic testing for rare hereditary disorders, but also test for common disorders. Our primary mission is to make clinical testing available to people with rare genetic conditions and their families. Because of our tremendous growth, we are in search for an Assistant Clinical Director for our Microarray Lab.
The Assistant Director reports directly to the Director, Cytogenomics and will interact with other clinical team members in the analysis, interpretation, and reporting of copy number variants based on data obtained from microarrays, MLPA and qPCR. This individual will also be involved in other activities related to the Microarray team including standardizing variant calls, improving array designs, and presenting/publishing important findings.
Responsibilities for Assistant Director:
• Works closely with clinical directors and other members of the microarray team to review, interpret and report microarray results.
• Reviews, interprets and reports other assays used for detection of copy number variants such as MLPA and qPCR.
• Assists in the design of new arrays, as needed.
• Assists with improvement to analysis and reporting workflows, as needed.
• Assists with organization and submission of copy number variants to external databases.
• Assist with continued evaluation the clinical significance of copy-number variants based on current evidence, and re-classification of those, if necessary.
• Assist with training and maintenance of competency of primary, senior and review analysts.
• Works closely with other clinical directors and genetic counselors to ensure that communications regarding patient results are handled in an accurate, professional and timely manner.