We're looking for smart, dedicated and creative people to join our team. As in any startup environment, candidates who are flexible enough to fill many roles can be expected to grow quickly within the company and play a large part in shaping its future. Today, you may be working at the lab bench while tomorrow, you may be writing a patent, and the day after, you may be meeting with customers.
Applicant's primary responsibility is the development, validation, and benchmarking of the Ligo-miR multiplex microRNA assay platform. The candidate will be responsible for expanding the Ligo-miR technology portfolio to perform microRNA profiling in cells and tissues, biofluids, and single cells. This position could also include potential involvement with the development of our nanotechnology based DNA and RNA extraction methods. The ideal candidate would also welcome broad exposure to all aspects of bringing a novel technology to market.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Optimization of assay design and reaction conditions
• Optimization of probe design and development of probe design algorithms
• Development of data analysis methods and algorithms
• Development of fluorescent detection methods using polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis
• Development of fluorescent detection methods using high throughput capillary electrophoresis
• Development of fluorescent detection methods using our PicoSep microfluidic, single molecule DNA sizing platform
• Benchmarking against established technologies such as RT-qPCR and microarray
• Clinical sample analysis and biomarker development
• Deployment of assay technologies at academic collaborator and customer sites