1. Target Account Segments, including but not limited to:
a. Supports diverse account segments including life sciences, molecular diagnostics, and market development businesses.
a. Sales Revenues / Budgets: Meet or exceed sales targets. Increase sales of all QIAGEN products by managing all sales functions i.e., consumables/specialists /instrumentation and developing tactical plans to maximize revenues. Monitor and manage sales expense budgets.
b. Strategy: Implement Company strategy through specific territory plans and sales teams.
c. Planning / Forecasting: Oversee the development/agreement and monitoring of annual sales targets, key performance indictors and revenue forecasts.
d. Business / Markets: Drive and initiate development of new business opportunities. Increase number of strategic partnerships.
e. Managing Individuals / Team: Manage Representatives, Strategic Accounts Inside Sales directly. Lead, manage, motivate and deal with people issues effectively when they arise, i.e., performance management. Full delegated responsibility over recruitment/exit decisions.
f. Development: Coach and develop individuals and teams so that they have the direction, skills and tools to achieve targets. Provide regular feedback and conduct performance reviews.
g. Communication: Organize meetings and coordinate communication channels to ensure effective communication across business units. Maintain and develop relationships with key
customers. Manages and develops the organization to achieve agreed budgets.
● Minimum of Bachelor of Science or equivalent, Graduate Degree preferred
● A minimum of 1 year of relevant lab experience
● A minimum of 8 years of directly related sales experience with proven track record in the diagnostics and/or life science industry and must have knowledge of diagnostic regulatory requirements, reimbursement guidelines and RUO and ASR parameters
● Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills
● Proven successful leadership, team management and budget experience
● Knowledge of relevant markets, molecular biology topics and products
● Strong time management and organization skills
● Established network of customers/influencers/scientists
● Proven ability to sell at the Director, Vice President and Chief Executive level in an organization
● Able to create and develop resolution to complex problems while meeting objectives
● Implement strategy through their team. Work is accomplished in a proactive manner without considerable direction
● Regularly takes on additional responsibilities and undertakes challenging tasks and/or projects assigned by others
●Acts as a mentor for the sales organization
● Excellent listening, presentation and communication skills for all business levels