Inscripta is developing the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth in the organization, Inscripta is seeking a Senior Scientist in Applications Development in our Boulder, Colorado office.
The Applications Development Senior Scientist will be responsible for the verification and validation of Inscripta technology in customer-relevant applications in yeast and other microbes. They will also drive new application concepts in research areas including genetic networks, metabolic pathways, and heterologous gene expression. The Senior Scientist will work collaboratively with internal and external development partners, designing and executing experimental plans with excellence, and communicating methods and results both within Inscripta and for customers, as well as to the broader scientific community.
- Work with customers to understand their research needs and experimental systems.
- Develop genome engineering applications in yeast and other microbes which demonstrate the power of Inscripta technology across customer segments.
- Design and execute experiments supporting internal and external projects.
- Perform data analysis and generate presentation content.
- Present scientific results internally and externally.
- Support the product development team as needed.