Here's an opportunity to utilize your technical expertise in next-generation sequencing (NGS) to join Agilent's Genomics Support Group. We are seeking an enthusiastic, people-oriented Applications Scientist for Agilent's genome partitioning product portfolio. In this role your primary focus will be to provide customers with both pre-sales and post-sales application and technical support to ensure their success and satisfaction.
The Applications Scientist will utilize their expertise in next-generation sequencing and be responsible for supporting Agilent’s genome partitioning products, and next-generation sequencing customers. The Applications Scientist is the primary technical contact for Agilent’s Technical Services team. They will be responsible for providing technical and troubleshooting support for the products both on-site and remotely by phone and email. Understands customers problems, recommends solutions to meet their needs, and ensures customer satisfaction. May deliver customer training classes and consulting related to our application, as well as assist in pre-sales, as part of their tasks.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Provides technical support and troubleshooting for customers using Agilent’s NGS products
• Assist Agilent’s Technical Service team to maintain and build upon collaborative relationship with key accounts
• Provide customer feedback to marketing, R&D (product development teams)
• Developing company processes that support Agilent’s goal of providing world-class customer support :
• Timely and accurate response to customer inquiries
• Investigating and answering questions related to applications, technical inquiries
• Examines sequencing data by external customers
• This individual is responsible for escalating customer issues to Agilent R & D staff as required.
• Travel – up to 25% travel may be required to key customer accounts for assay optimization
Agilent Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.