Fluidigm is looking for a motivated Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Product Application Scientist to serve as a technical resource for Product Managers, Marketing Managers, R&D Scientists and global field sales and support teams to ensure Fluidigm’s success in the NGS library prep, target enrichment, and assay design markets. The primary responsibility of this role is to conduct proof of performance studies, complete competitive testing and analysis and develop educational tools for NGS applications.
- Excited to work closely with cross-functional teams and external collaborators.
- Able to confidently and quickly develop functional knowledge of new technologies.
- Excited by the opportunity use your strong scientific knowledge to interact with colleagues and customers in a business driving function.
- Able to travel as much as 25% of the time.
- Create or lead cross-functional teams to create whitepapers and other educational tools to communicate best practices in NGS workflows and primary analysis.
- Active participation in confirmation site programs.
- Manage scientific collaborations to generate data for publication, presentation and marketing literature.
- Working with other technical resources, provide digests and story slide decks for the field resources to highlight key publications in the field and with the technology.
- Submit abstracts and present at scientific meetings.
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits and growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
- A Master’s of Science or PhD, with 3-5 years of experience in a life sciences organization.
- Experience in a profession related to NGS, or in a related technical or field support role, e.g., Field Application Specialist or Product Application Specialist.
- Strong domain knowledge of NGS, NGS library prep, target enrichment, and assay design.
- Working knowledge in interpretation and application of next-generation sequencing data sets in a genomics context.
- Strong written and verbal communication and public speaking skills.
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
- Offer onsite yoga classes, massages, randomly free and good food, friendly greetings, gym equipment and, seriously, a lot more
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.