Applications Director, Mammalian
5720 Stoneridge Drive #300
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position can be located in our Boulder or Pleasanton location, but if located in Pleasanton, regular travel to Boulder will be required.
Genome engineering promises to revolutionize the way we do biology. We are looking for a scientist to lead our applications team. You will play a critical role in helping drive development decisions around our platform to ensure we provide key features to fully enable our customers. You will be responsible for driving new application concepts in a variety of research areas including human genetics, drug development, functional genomics and proteomics. You will engage external collaborators, including identifying and working with early access and beta customers. This role will be responsible for the leading the validation of Inscripta technology in mammalian systems. You will work collaboratively with internal and external partners, designing experiments, executing experimental plans and analyzing data. You will be responsible for building a team to demonstrate the power of Inscripta technology. A key component of this role involves both verbal and written communication of results both internally and at scientific conferences.
- Define and demonstrate high value applications using Inscripta platforms.
- Lead a high performing team of lab and computational scientists.
- Develop novel approaches to analyzing data from large, genome editing screens employing a variety of phenotypes.
- Work with customers to understand their research needs and experimental systems.
- Work with early adopters to define & complete early access and beta programs.
- Work with customers to develop novel applications on the Inscripta platform.
- Design experiments that allow us to rigorously test our platform and provide feedback to our product development team.
- Perform data analysis, interpretation and presentation.
- Attend conferences and present scientific results.
- A PhD in cell biology, molecular biology, genomics, genetics, or a related field is required.
- Strong molecular biology experience (PCR, cloning, etc) and NGS experience required.
- Experience with single cell ‘omics approaches is a required.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture is required.
- Experience applying new technology to solve biological questions a plus.
- Experience with genome editing methods is a plus.
- Experience with common analysis tools in R or python a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills needed.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
At Inscripta, we're more a calling than a company. Maybe it's our commitment to help feed, fuel and heal humanity. Making the MAD7™ CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes may not be typical in this industry, but it's typical for us. Our primary purpose is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations.
We want you to make bigger discoveries, faster and at unprecedented scale, experiencing those bold breakthroughs that the Onyx™ platform will provide. We live up to our press by 'walking the walk' every day, bringing you revolutionary tools that serve the greater good. Because Inscripta's more than a company, it's our calling.