The successful candidate will join our application team and take responsibility for the product design from a molecular biology perspective. You will work in a truly international and multidisciplinary team consisting of biologists, chemists and physicists. You will initiate, execute and analyze experiments to integrate and transfer cutting edge assays and chemistries to Single Technologies’ proprietary DNA sequencing systems. Within our small organization you have the opportunity to work with many aspects of product development.
- Design, execute and analyze experiments to integrate sequencing assays into Single Technologies’ DNA sequencing systems
- Support the development and optimization of novel molecular biology assay schemes for applications including sample preparation, nucleic acid amplification, molecular barcoding, and library construction strategies for next generation sequencing and in situ genetic assays
- Conduct clear and concise communication of experimental design, results, and conclusions at regular data-driven product development meetings
- Follow good laboratory practices, including accurate documentation of experiments
- Contribute to product development decisions through effectively work within multidisciplinary teams and routinely interact with biologists, chemists, physicists, data scientists, software engineers, mechanical engineers, electronic engineers, optics engineers etc. to solve problems and devise experimental plans
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.