We are looking for a highly motivated, independent but team-oriented Applications Scientist with strong expertise in Automation and Process Engineering. Application Scientists work closely with production and clinical teams to develop new protocols on automation to meet demands of a growing laboratory and expanding automation needs.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, optimize and implement automated assays to increase throughput and efficiencies in
- Create new automation programs on current equipment to meet evolving needs for new protocols and scaling sample throughput;
- Analyze current process procedures and provide feedback for their optimization and improvement;
- Calibrate, maintain and repair a variety of laboratory instruments, including liquid handling robotics;
- Provide real-time support for equipment with hardware/software issues during live runs;
- Install and implement new equipment. Perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and/or Installation/Operational Qualification Testing (IQ/OQ), if necessary;
- Train Lab Technicians on instrument use and automated protocols;
- Author and update SOPs for automated processes;
- Evaluate new equipment, software and automated solutions to help with purchasing decisions.