Swift Biosciences is seeking a smart, energetic team-oriented individual to join our applications team. We are a fast-paced organization involved in developing new sample prep tools and application support for existing NGS sequencing platforms. As an Application Scientist you will work with internal and external labs and scientists in the advancement of genomics research using next generation sequencing (NGS). You will be part of team of scientists supporting new and existing customers in their experimental designs and optimization of Swift products to meet specific application requirements. This position is a unique opportunity to work with exciting and novel NGS technologies that enable a wide array of previously unachievable applications. The right candidate must have strong listening skills, a solid background in creative problem solving, and a keen interest in genomics and working with top-level researchers. Strong interpersonal skills, a desire to understand customer needs, mechanisms behind product performance, and the ability to communicate results clearly are essential.
- Understand the overall NGS sample preparation process, from analysis of sample input through loading a sequencer.
- Familiarity with complimentary applications such as hybridization capture panels, and the workflows associated with this.
- Provide scientific training, including initial, advanced and continued support on applications, reagents/consumables and instruments to sales organization.
- Work with customers to understand their experimental needs.
- Generation of application specific marketing collateral to support various product lines.
- Work with both R&D and commercial teams with the goal of making customers successful in product adoption.
- Represent Swift Biosciences products and services at appropriate scientific meetings.
- Work with sales team to provide support to ensure the products are functioning correctly in the customer’s hands.
- Develop applications based scientific posters and presentations.
- Support applications within strategic areas for integration on automated liquid handling platforms.
- Work closely with R&D and Marketing to provide functional application requirements for new product development.