About Our Organization
At Affymetrix, we are passionate about enabling our customers, scientists, and clinicians to improve human health and wellness by understanding and applying biology for a better world. Our employees bring talent, creativity, collaboration, and energy to what they do. Join us at Affymetrix and make a difference.
This position will represent scientists running and analyzing Affymetrix data during the informatics development process. As such the candidate will have hands on experience with SNP and/or gene expression studies. Most importantly they must have a solid understanding of the biological interpretation of the data obtained from these studies. The position is directly accountable for planning and prioritizing functionality in both instrumentation and analysis software. This includes creation of customer requirements documents and the development of test cases and data sets for use by the development team. The position is directly accountable for understanding microarray workflows and understanding common analysis workflows commonly used by customers.
PERSONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent Scientists during development of bioinformatics and software tools to process and analyze microarray data.
- Produce, edit, and maintain software requirements documents for Affymetrix instrumentation software applications and either expression or genotyping applications at a software-industry best practices level. Documents focus on use cases, storyboards, actor scripts, data-flow diagrams, UI mock ups and other tools representing how scientists interact with Affymetrix’ software applications and their data in their studies to be used for technical design and software test protocols.
- Create and curate sample data sets for use during development and testing of the new applications with an emphasis on identifying both typical and boundary cases.
- Handle escalated technical support issues. Translate all support issues into prioritized requirements. Curate customer data sets and identify example cases for training and marketing purposes.
- Coordinate reviews of specifications with internal and external stakeholders in the context of broader customer scientific objectives and business requirements.
- Assist in educating and supporting customers, partners, tech support and field personnel with various written and recorded communications and external meetings as needed.
- Prioritize and schedule customer contacts and evaluations.
- Travel requirements likely 15%.