Cures Start Here.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Fred Hutch), home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, Fred Hutch's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. The Fred Hutch, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children's, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest.
Careers Start Here.
The Fred Hutch Antibody Technology Resource is nationally recognized for its novel monoclonal antibody discovery platform. The facility supports Fred Hutch research labs across all five divisions, generating antibodies for basic science needs as well as clinical diagnostic and therapeutic applications. Other clients include regional academic research institutes and biotech companies. The lab has been completely updated over the past four years with cutting-edge instrumentation for antibody discovery (e.g., Molecular Devices ClonePixII colony picker, IntelliCyt iQue Screener, AKTA Pure FPLC, Protein Simple WES capillary electrophoresis). Beginning in January 2017 the team will be assembling a $1.2M automation and instrumentation expansion to the existing discovery platform.
The group is seeking a Research Technician I/II who will train under senior laboratory personnel and work semi-independently on key aspects of multiple projects simultaneously. Excellent communication skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects in an interactive team environment is key.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining laboratory supplies, reagents, and cell lines.
- Organize monthly scheduling of multiple projects.
- Manage laboratory billing records and cell line databases.
- Manage LIMs (Laboratory Information Management) project database.
- Carry out automated AKTA protein purification protocols.
- Operate and oversee maintenance of laboratory equipment.
The successful candidate must be highly motivated, reliable, and productive when working with intermittent supervision.
Specific qualifications include:
- BA/BS or MS degree in a scientific discipline with preference to individuals having 1-2 years hands-on laboratory experience.
- Comfort and willingness to work with murine models and mammalian cell culture.
- Working knowledge of basic software applications and ease with learning specialized laboratory software applications.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE