We currently have a Veterinary Anatomic Pathologist position open at our Madison, WI site. Some of the duties include:
• Perform the complex microscopic evaluation and interpretation of tissue sections from animals exposed to test materials and correlate these findings with necropsy, organ weight and clinical pathology findings.
• Author comprehensive pathology narrative reports of microscopic, gross, and clinical pathology findings, while meeting report deadlines.
• Supervise necropsies and provide scientific guidance to necropsy technicians to ensure accuracy and compliance with protocols and SOP's.
• Communicate the significance of pathologic findings to study directors, clients and other individuals.
• Participate in histopathology consultations and peer reviews with other pathologists
• Attend pre-initiation and/or pre-necropsy meetings.
• Perform internal peer reviews of in-house toxicology reports that include interpretations of Anatomic Pathology data.
• DVM/VMD degree or equivalent • Formal pathology residency or graduate studies (i.e. MS, PhD) at an institution in which the training of veterinary pathologists is a primary function • Board certified by the American College of Veterinary Pathologists. Experience • Ability to evaluate tissue sections from animals, including the interpretation of histomorphologic findings for each tissue of every animal, as well as selected special stains and procedures. • Ability to formulate pathology tables by direct entry of all histomorphologic findings into a computerized data collection system. • Ability to conduct necropsies and recognize, describe and interpret findings at necropsy. • Ability to provide scientific guidance and feedback to histology technicians to correct artifacts and prevent reoccurrence of technical problems, and to ensure accuracy and compliance with protocols, SOP's and client expectations of quality histotechnology. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills. • Excellent interpersonal skills. • Experience in toxicologic pathology desirable. EEO Employer Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.