Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. The Hutchinson Center, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children's, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a difference!
Central Information Technology Informatics (CITI) is a newly formed group within the Office of the CIO. CITI is responsible for defining, implementing, and operating world-class technologies for the acquisition, transformation, storage, query, and dissemination of biomedical data, information, and knowledge to support scientific inquiry, problem solving, and decision making throughout the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center community and its Cancer Consortium partners.
Reporting to the CITI Director, the Analytics and Data Sytems Manager works within the Informatics group to manage development and operations around data pipelines, data abstraction, data extraction/reporting, data QC, and data architecture and modeling. S/he will lead or assist in the data architecture process, work to document existing systems, design new tools or models and execute according to the Informatics Technology Roadmap.
- Oversee data pipeline development and implementation, including:
- Options analyses and technical design
- Test, review, approval, and coordination
- Ensure appropriate monitoring and triage of incidents
- Assure effective data reporting and analytics solutions, including:
- Data architecture design (e.g., performance, reliability, scalability, extensibility)
- Usability (e.g., for end-users, services teams, administrators, etc.)
- Compliance/Regulatory and Information Security best practices and policy adherence
- Supervise daily activities of the ~8 member team.
- Participate in an intake process for requests including customer contact, project definition, prioritization, and assignment of resources.
- Establish and maintain an appropriate level of process, procedure, and documentation to ensure development quality, efficiency, and excellent customer service.
- Direct and mentor staff associated with development of the HIDRA Data Repository.
- Build relationships with coworkers and stakeholders across the scientific divisions to provide support, share expertise and develop Center-wide standards and tools.
- Create and manage team and individual goals and provide regular feedback for development team members.
- Represent the Informatics Analytics and Data Systems in Center IT process improvement programs and other activities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or related field required OR equivalent combination of relevant education/experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years analytics and/or data systems management experience
- Minimum 5 years supervising technical staff
- Strong leadership skills
- Robust experience SQL, SQLServer, Analytics tools, and Data Repository/Warehouse technologies
- Experience working with customers to define business requirements and delivery of solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to facilitate group discussions
- Experience managing project resources, tasks, and budgets
- Experience with medical research and related data management issues.
- Familiarity with HL7 messages and engines and modeling methodologies.
- Familiarity with a clinical, research, and/or government-regulated technology environment.
- Has successfully built teams and services from scratch.
- Exposure to SDLC methodologies, with a focus on Agile.
Qualities Necessary for Success
- Advanced communication skills, oral and written.
- Passion for customer service
- A proactive attitude and focus on resolving problems and delivering results.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- People-oriented and committed to delivering effective solutions.
- Approachable and accepting of constructive criticism.
- Work effectively independently and amongst large teams.
- Meet established priorities and schedules.
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE