Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Analyst I, QC Incoming is responsible for the daily operations of Incoming Quality Control. This position is responsible for sampling and inspection of incoming materials, including raw materials, packaging materials, primary components, single-use-system, and miscellaneous materials. 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift position in which overtime hours may occasionally be required.
• Performs sampling and inspection procedures, as necessary, for all incoming materials (raw materials, packaging materials, primary components, single-use-system, and miscellaneous materials).
• Uses instrumentation, computerized systems, and tools (such as calipers) to perform analysis of incoming materials in accordance with governing procedures.
• Collates and transfers completed data packets to internal customers.
• Accurately follows and understands SOP and cGMP requirements, including documentation requirements.
• Orders and maintains inventory for sampling, inspection and cleaning consumables.
• Cleans and maintains sampling areas and associated equipment/supplies in accordance with governing procedures.
• Cleans and maintains inspection areas and associated equipment/supplies in accordance with governing procedures.
• Supports performance of preventative maintenance and/or safety evaluations in the sampling and inspection areas.
• Assists in troubleshooting problems, under direct supervision.
• Assists in revision of documents and completion of project tasks, as assigned.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimally requires an Associate’s degree in a science with 4 years experience, (preferably in a regulated manufacturing environment with cGMP requirements), or a College degree (preferably in a science) with 2 years experience
• An equivalent combination of education, experience and training may substitute.
Requires proficiency in basic MS Word, Outlook, Excel
Requires ability to deal appropriately with regulatory agencies
Requires general knowledge of cGMP, OSHA, DEA, USP and EP
Requires flexibility and ability to multi-task
Requires strong written and verbal communication skills
Requires strong organizational and time management skills
Requires strong critical reasoning and decision making skills
Requires strong teamwork and facilitation skills
Requires ability to interpret / write general business documents
Requires ability to interpret / write technical documents
Requires ability to solve routine problems
Level of Supervision
Requires direct supervision
Impact of decisions
Impacts one department
Impacts multiple departments
Requires uniform/ PPE to work in a manufacturing, warehouse, or laboratory environment
Requires screening (full physical, antineoplastic medical surveillance, etc…)
Requires the ability to wear a respirator
Requires safety alertness due to work around hazardous equipment and conditions
Requires personnel monitoring due to handling of hazardous substances
Requires eye examination to show 20/20 correctable vision
Requires doctor’s note if not able to push, pull, reach, balance and/or lift > 20 lbs
Requires set hours by Supervision
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Req ID: 15002089
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Phoenix
Organization: Abraxis Bioscience
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: 2015-11-23 00:00:00.0
3rd Shift, Compliance, Engineering, Healthcare, Inspector, Instrumentation, Laboratory, Law, Legal, Manufacturing, Medical, Night, QC, Quality, Science, Warehouse