Job Summary and Essential Functions:
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
We are looking for a senior Agile developer (Java and/or C#), with strong knowledge in the use of databases for management of research and/or clinical data, to join the IT group within the Regeneron Genetics Center (RGC), a newly formed subsidiary of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.
This self-motivated individual will be responsible for the design, development, deployment, and ongoing support of agile applications to provide support for ultra-high throughput genomic sequencing and analysis to help identify new genetic mutations, tie them back to disease phenotypes, and track project progress. Ultimately, the goal of the RGC is generating intellectual property identifying new druggable targets.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience and be responsible for application development of solutions that are Oracle- and/or AWS Cloud-based. The individual should be familiar with object oriented programming languages and the setup and usage of operational databases, data marts, and data warehousing in a heterogeneous database environment. The candidate will be cooperatively working with the Regeneron corporate IS&T Department to perform these functions.
• Works individually and as part of a team to gather requirements for new applications or systems, design and define functionality, develop code in Java or C# and integrate it, perform testing, and deliver new systems to production. Given the focus of the RGC, these applications or systems may be very novel in nature and/or may be entirely cloud based.
• Provide technical support and enhancements for existing applications and systems having database components, including requirements gathering, development, installation, and configuration for enhancements and modifications
• Responsible for documenting the applications development, database schemas, and other project artifacts in Jira and Confluence
• Work with external and internal collaborators to examine, transfer/ clean, and load (ETL) incoming phenotypic and scientific data sets into applications and systems as necessary. Responsible for examining incoming data sets and indexing/ normalizing data as necessary. Build templates and instruct/ monitor users and collaborators for proper data definition and loading
• Works closely with internal customers to ensure the software is configured and service level agreements are created and maintained for new application/ system implementations.
• Help define appropriate metrics/measures to proactively measure applications and systems for proper performance
• Work with Regeneron’s corporate IT department and database support services to resolve customer issues
• Work with other RGC developers to implement a system for code management and promotion to production environments
• Ensure that the design of new applications and systems that use the latest technology to improve performance, security, and reliability