Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Administrative Coordinator is responsible for coordination and implementation of administrative functions for the Computational Biology program. Initiative and resourcefulness is expected to accomplish multiple responsibilities within a challenging and stimulating work environment. This position requires an ability to work cooperatively within a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment, and communicate effectively with scientific and administrative staff.
- Assist the Program Manager and staff with the implementation and administration of Center and department/project(s)/program policies and procedures. Attend OSR, PHS Project Administrator and other relevant meetings to remain up-to-date on Division and Center policies.
- Act as a liaison with Center staff and outside individuals/organizations, answering questions and resolving problems with regard to the administration of the department/project(s)/program as appropriate.
- Coordinate various personnel administration functions such as the on & off-boarding processes for personnel, visitors and consultants including: new hire set-up (keys, access card, phone set-up, IT access, general orientation, training compliance), processing honoraria, etc.
- Monitor administrative budgets and maintain accounting records; consulting Program Manager regarding discrepancies/over-expenditures.
- Coordinate project space and facilities and administer changes as required.
- Manage acquisition, maintenance, storage, and supply of equipment.
- Coordinate all aspects of travel, including flight, hotel, ground transportation and reimbursements.
- Perform various administrative and operational responsibilities including scheduling meetings, procard reconciliation, composing memos, reports and minutes; establishing, maintaining supply room inventory and ensuring shared equipment (printers, copiers, fax, etc.) is running smoothly.
- Maintain Program Website and list servs.
- Assist Program Manager and Investigators with special projects.
- Perform other responsibilities as required.
- Establish and maintain IRB files including modifications and renewals.
- Maintain updated CVs, Biographical Sketches, Other Support and ensure MyNCBI manuscript compliance for all faculty.
- Assist Program Manager with various pre-/post-award activities (such as producing various reports, writing non-technical sections, proposal/progress report assembly, and reviewing for accuracy and completion prior to submission) as needed.
- Coordinate communications and logistics for various program meetings/events such as Faculty Meetings, Computational Biology Seminar Series, Program Retreats, etc. Make room reservations, a/v setup, order catering, create flyers, work with Program faculty to develop speaker lists and arrange visit/travel logistics for visitors.
- BA/BS preferred
- 5+ years progressively complex administrative experience required (preferably in a non-profit research or academic setting)
- Experience in event coordination preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to manage multiple, complex and competing activities.
- Must have great attention to detail, ability to troubleshoot and work with all levels of an organization
- Independence, initiative, a commitment to high quality work as well as the ability to work both in independent and collaborative environments are required
- Track record of dealing sensitively with confidential matters.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2366723-2647-9121