Careers Start Here.
We are Fred Hutch, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer, HIV and other potentially fatal diseases. The Center's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. Vaccine and Infectious Diseases Division (VIDD), works to eliminate or minimize the impact of globally significant infectious diseases. Within VIDD is the Statistical Center for HIV/AIDS Research & Prevention (SCHARP) which provides statistical support and data management to researchers worldwide in the fight against HIV/AIDS with active studies in the U.S., Africa, Latin America, Asia and Europe. Join us and make a difference!
Careers Start Here.
Statistical Center for HIV/AIDS Research and Prevention (SCHARP) at Fred Hutch is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to support the leadership team and be the point-of-contact for daily administrative support services. SCHARP is a team of 120 employees and growing. The Administrative Coordinator will work independently, under general supervision, to provide administrative support to the department including; purchasing, scheduling, meeting minutes, office organization, routine special assignments, and backup support to staff as needed.
- Manage a complex calendar for the director of SCHARP. Assist in keeping to the day's schedule through ongoing notification.
- Work with the travel agency to make arrangements for travel, including flights, hotel, rental cars, and registration fees.
- Collect receipts, identify budget sourcing, prepare and code travel expenses and credit card reports.
- Assist with recruiting, onboarding and offboarding activities with support from the administrative manager and HR.
- Coordinate space availability and set-up workstations for new employees.
- Coordinate meetings including conference rooms, meals, A/V equipment, invitations, and preparation of meeting materials.
- Attend regular program meetings; prepare and distribute agendas, take and distribute meeting minutes.
- Purchase supplies, process shipping, and other duties as needed while utilizing and facilitating good communication and working relationships with existing support services within Fred Hutch.
- Triage phone, mail and e-mail correspondence on a daily basis. Serve as the point of contact for outside collaborators as well as internal colleagues.
- BA or BS degree required.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, and possess excellent judgment and professionalism.
- Minimum of five years office and computer experience.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe and PowerPoint is required.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team, to anticipate upcoming tasks, track projects and assignments, and to take initiative.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE