Job Code: E01823 Role Summary
Canada's Michael Smith Genome Sciences Centre (GSC) is looking for a full-time Administrative Assistant.
Do you have fantastic attention to details and are you a strong team player? Are you customer-oriented?
Reporting to the Administrative Coordinator and working within the context of a research environment, the Administrative Assistant produces a variety of confidential and sensitive documents, participates in the preparation and submission of grant proposals and assists with a variety of financial functions within the GSC.
The Administrative Assistant works with diverse and sensitive issues. This position exercises initiative, judgment and problem solving skills to complete work.
- Maintains a coordinated and up-to-date calendar for the designated Leaders’ appointment schedules by determining urgency and nature of requests, scheduling and making necessary arrangements, and resolving time conflicts.
- Coordinates appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements for designated Leaders’ attendance, including lab members, at conferences and meetings, confirms reservations, and establishes an itinerary (on hold during COVID).
- Responds to verbal and written communication and liaises internally and externally to respond to, share information, clarify details, and ensure follow-up by relevant personnel on emergent issues.
- Produces timely, accurate and well formatted documents using various word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages, including creation of tables, spreadsheets, presentations and reports. Enters and collects data, and compiles relevant statistical information and reports.
- Prepares curriculum vitae and biosketches for scientific staff and lab members.
- Administers petty cash.
- Reconciles credit cards.
- Prepares and submits expense claims.
- Performs other related duties as assigned as they relate to the role.