The Accounting team has a wide range of responsibilities relating to all aspects Fred Hutch's finances including financial reporting, policy setting, internal and data controls and transaction processing. The team works closely with multiple groups within Fred Hutch to ensure accurate and timely financial information. The Accountant I position reports directly to the Assistant Controller and may direct but not supervise lower level employees.
The Accountant I position performs accounting functions that require general accounting knowledge and analytical skills as well as transaction processing. Levering available technology, including financial applications, is an integral aspect of this position.
- Assist Senior Accountant with monthly processes for international entities.
- Develop and maintain organized system for international documents.
- Understand and record foreign currency and multi-currency transactions, training to be provided.
- Understand record and file returns for foreign taxes, including VAT and income tax, training to be provided.
- Allocate costs to projects.
- Calculate and record grant revenue and F&A revenue.
- Participate as key member of team to design, implement and test expanded international system functionality.
- Perform banking related tasks, including reports and electronic payments.
- Prepare journal entries and compile supporting documents.
- Review General Ledger and other subsystems for data quality.
- Reconcile General Ledger accounts and prepare audit schedules.
- Assist with testing system enhancements, upgrades and reports.
- Document and update policies and procedures as required.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree required
- Two years general accounting experience required
- Experience with non-profit, research and/or international business models a plus
- Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint
- Experience with QuickBooks a plus
- Experience with PeopleSoft a plus
- Diligent and self-motivated with attention to detail
- Ability to consistently and accurately process transactions
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially around important deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and desire to work in team-oriented environments
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2184583-2647-5421