The Account Manager - Toxicology Sales will be responsible for managing an assigned territory and accounts in Florida for the Toxicology business based in Fremont, CA. This role will require selling Drugs of Abuse reagents and capital equipment primarily into the Criminal Justice, Pain Management, Reference Laboratory and Distributor markets.
Candidate should possess accountability, attention to details, a sense of urgency, and a strong desire to succeed.
Summary of essential job functions
- Responsible for direct sales of the company’s Toxicology products into a specified geographic area and effectively manage all stages of sales cycle.
- Apply working knowledge of Professional, Consultative, and Strategic Selling skills to develop incremental business in existing accounts, and conduct cold calls to develop new accounts.
- Develop a business plan for each major account; monitor and report progress regularly and advise Sales Manager of results.
- Work effectively with distribution channels that support the business in addition to direct sales.
- Establish customer pricing within defined ranges, providing price quotations and assist in preparing Bid documents, processes specifications, progress, and other reports.
- Maintain positive relationships with business unit personnel for service and/or technical support, marketing and client/customer purchasing agents.
- Assist in the forecasting and the projection of sales from new and existing customers for both reagents and instruments.
- Attend various trade shows and assist in booth staffing.
- Work extensively with SFDC (Salesforce.com) CRM to manage customer account base and Qualify sales leads, answer inquiries and maintain accurate records of activities using approved CRM software (Salesforce).
- Provide feedback and interact on a frequent basis with Sales Managers, Field Service, Customer service, Marketing, and Finance.