We are currently seeking an Account Manager focused on the Life Science Research market responsible for selling LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, GC-MS/MS and other Life Science Product Solutions to key Maryland area accounts. Candidate must be able to match Agilent's Life Science portfolio to the customers' analytical requirements. This role will interact with key Life Science Researchers and analytical laboratory personnel employing gas and liquid chromatograph LC-MS thought leaders within key accounts. Coordinating the interactions of key personnel at Agilent with these leaders is part of the responsibilities of this job. The successful candidate will drive connections to Chromatography and Mass Spec Interest Groups at these key accounts. Demonstrating Agilent instruments and software as well as helping the customer with method development are key in this role. Project management planning skills are also important.
Responsible for selling of company, systems and services to end-user customers in assigned geographic, territory, industry or accounts. Responsible for developing customers and their satisfaction. Represents the company to the customer and the customer to the company in all sales-oriented activities.This territory focuses on the Lif Sciences Research Institutions in the Maryland/DC area to include ; NIH,NCI,Johns Hopkins and University of Maryland Medical Systems. Metabolomics, Proteomics, Lipdomics, etc and a large part of this research base.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Seminar development and presentations, funnel and forecast management and method development assistance.
- Generating existing and/or new sales for assigned accounts and/or geographic territory and industries.
- Promotes and sells products and/or solutions to current or new customers/partners and informs customers of new product introductions.
- Creates, monitors and revises lead generation plans, and focuses on prospecting to identify and capture new customers
- Responsible for developing customers and maintaining their satisfaction.
- Maintains positive on-going long-term relationships with key customers and thought leaders in the life science market.
- Provides customer feedback to Agilent Instrument Manufacturing Divisions and Marketing teams.
- Staff exhibits at analytical laboratory science conferences.