Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
As a Genomics Account Manager, you will be responsible for driving sales of both research and clinical genomics reagents, instrumentation, services, and software within the assigned geography (Western Canada). As an integral member of the field sales team, you will use your excellent technical knowledge and sales acuity to acquire new customers while retaining and growing the existing installed base of customers. Develop and implement successful strategies and tactics to sell Agilent's Genomics workflow solutions across the Research to Clinical continuum. You will partner and collaborate to maintain and expand relationships with strategically important customers in the assigned territory, such as key research institutes, reference laboratories, and biotech/pharmaceutical companies.
- Proactively drive sales of high-performance Genomics end-to-end workflows, comprised of consumables, capital equipment, services and software for Array CGH, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and CRISPR Gene Editing.
- Effectively prospect to find and close new opportunities in existing and new accounts.
- Effectively handle a funnel of leads and opportunities in CRM and provide an accurate monthly sales forecast and territory narrative.
- Develop and execute a territory business plan that will enable Agilent to gain market share and achieve sales goals in the territory.
- Collaborate with the Field Marketing team to prioritize and advertise regional promotions and awareness events within the territory (e.g. workshops, seminars, etc.).
- Conduct product presentations and instrument demonstrations with and without Product Specialist (PS) and Field Applications Scientist (FAS) assistance.
- Provide constructive feedback from customers into Agilent to help guide continual development of cutting-edge products that address evolving customer needs.
- Understand Genomics applications in Basic and Clinical Research, Molecular and Companion Diagnostics, Government/Non-Profit, and Biotech/Pharmaceutical market segments and recognize trends that impact buying of Agilent products.
- Nurture and maintain strategic customer relationships.
- Participate and be an active member in regional discussion groups and forums.