The Account Manager, Commercial Microbiome Markets will manage the market penetration plan with the goal of maximizing sales and market adoption of DNA Genotek’s line of Microbiome products. They comprehend and utilize product features and benefits accompanied with selling skills to identify and qualify leads, initiate the sales process and successfully promote and close sales of the company product to achieve or exceed the assigned sales plan.
Additionally you will:
- Work closely with the Microbiome team, Product Management, Account Managers and Research & Development to help drive the market penetration strategy.
- Coordinate the entire sales process for assigned market. Demonstrate use of selling skills, such as making compelling opening statements, connecting with the customer, building relationships, asking open-ended and high gain questions to determine needs, provide solutions through the use of our products, creating the value proposition and closing the deal.
- Achieve or exceed the territory sales plan by maintaining existing business, developing incremental business in existing accounts, and conducting market penetration activities to develop new accounts.
- Participate in the development of market/product training, marketing campaigns, and special projects as presented by the Company to develop appropriate selling skills consistent with Company philosophy, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of account engagements using the Company’s customer relationship management software.
- Prospect and develop relationships with new customers. Coordinate on-going customer relationships with a particular focus on up-selling and cross-selling. Consistently attain or exceed assigned sales, profit, and market share goals.
- Make outbound telephone calls to all organizational levels and functional areas where purchasing decisions are made.
- Utilize multiple data sources to analyze and develop sales opportunities. Communicate key competitive activities, market trends, and changing customer development plans and priorities.
- Attend and exhibit at relevant industry conferences with the goal of identifying new market insights, finding new leads, and educating the market on the product offering.
- Communicate and present to all organizational levels and functional areas where influence and purchasing decisions are made.
- Develop product knowledge sufficient to successfully conduct an effective sales presentation and ongoing sales engagement.