AKESOgen is seeking an Account Manager to develop, build and grow the Clinical Diagnostics Division. Our flagship clinically validated molecular test is a microarray molecular diagnostic utilizing Illumina’s 850K beadchip technology. The test is fully validated for assaying copy number variations including deletions and duplications in a wide spectrum of cancers. Our CLIA compliant clinical laboratories currently offer, fully automated, high-throughput genomic capabilities and clinical services are provided in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- The development and execution of a national sales plan for the 850k microarray service in the reference lab, academic, genetics and pathology markets.
- Achievement of sales objectives including revenue, profitability, and expenses.
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships and develop collaborative and mutually beneficial client solutions.
- Establish working relationships with customers and serving as a liaison between ASKESOgen and our clients.
- Assist with customer needs including setting up new accounts, and coordinating AKESOgen resources as needed, including courier, client services, client supply, testing and billing.
- Independently schedule and maintain frequent customer and potential customer visits.
- Provide training for customers on order entry, sending samples, return of results and/or data.
- Identify, vet and validate customer needs to help drive development of new products and services.
- Support development of the research business and other duties as required.
Experience and Abilities:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a relevant environment such as commercial diagnostics, reference laboratory and/or genomics/genetics, as a sales professional. Prior sales management experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the diagnostics services industry and specifically molecular, cytogenetics, genomics, personalized medicine and oncology experience is strongly preferred, as is experience selling into these markets.
- Travel will be required.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to represent AKESOgen’s values of integrity, respect and trust.
- Having a collaborative attitude and fostering excellent communication.