Account Exec, Business Development Manager – Synthetic Biology
Location: Boston Metro
Who We Are:
Gen 9 is powering the synthetic biology revolution. Using our innovative technology, the BioFab® platform, we are transforming the way researchers approach gene synthesis. In fact, Gen9 has produced the first ‘fab’ for synthetic biology – the BioFab® platform, which was chosen by “The Scientist” as the number 1 innovation of 2012.
As researchers’ understanding of gene sequence data increases, their ability to design and improve genes, pathways and organisms using synthetic biology techniques will increase, and Gen9 is there to help. We are using our technology to make DNA that will be used by researchers all over the world to create "greener" chemicals, novel pharmaceuticals and cheaper biofuels.
Join Gen9 and become part of the synthetic biology revolution.
Gen9 is seeking an energetic entrepreneurial individual who is results-oriented and customer focused to be responsible for developing new business, growing existing accounts and account management in New England, with a heavy emphasis on the metro Boston area. Builds customer relationships that enhance our position as a leader in synthetic biology
• Meet and exceed assigned sales quota for territory on a consistent quarterly basis, developing and maintaining a 2x quota pipeline to drive achievement of revenue and growth plans.
• Develop new business at existing customers, developing a pipeline and closing business with prospective customers. Proactively establish new contacts, develop and maintain relationships and work all levels of the organization to build sales pipeline.
• Builds, fosters and maintains positive customer relationships. Coordinates and collaborates with Product Applications, R&D and Manufacturing teams to develop customer solutions
• Works with Product Applications to define complex gene sequencing and with VP, Sales to close complex sales.
• Monitors competitive activity and trends within territory and industry, sharing information with sales and marketing.
• Identify, evaluate, negotiate, and implement deals.