Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
All About You
- Automation and implementation of highly available and resilient platforms in AWS.
- Implementation and maintenance of workflows and procedures to ensure consistency and auditability in a managed infrastructure.
- Automating away the need for manual installation and direct intervention.
- Write and peer review automation code with an eye to creating a flexible, scalable codebase.
- Provide third level support and administration for the Enterprise Informatics global estates.
- Troubleshooting and creating tools to resolve incidents.
- Working directly with software suppliers to help them shape their tools to support Illumina data workloads.
- Proactive design and optimisation of network and storage data flows, including monitoring.
- Work within and enforce security and regulatory compliance procedures.
- Document and communicate procedures, configurations and standards effectively.
- Programming skills – python, go, ruby, and various scripting
- Expertise in administration, configuration, optimisation and monitoring of Linux at scale. CentOS and Amazon Linux are our base distributions.
- Experience with AWS cloud-based deployment and support.
- Familiarity with automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, CloudFormation.
- The ability to pick up new technologies quickly and rapidly deep-dive
- Use of large-scale data processing tools such as Hadoop, Elastic Search.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting network services.
- A strong preference for collaborative teamwork and work/knowledge sharing.
- Be comfortable speaking with internal customers, and suppliers.
- A driving need to have to fix a problem only once.
BS Degree or related experience.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf