Research Associate I
2103, Cornell Rd
Cleveland, OH 44106
This position comes with a staff-level comprehensive Healthcare and retirement benefit package
Kishore Guda’s translational Oncology team at Case Comprehensive Cancer Center is seeking applications from interested candidates to develop evidence-based biomarkers and therapeutic strategies for reducing mortalities from aggressive gastrointestinal malignancies. The Research Associate will execute research projects with the aim of understanding the origins and development of gastroesophageal cancers. Under the guidance of the PI, the Research Associate is expected to work independently, design and plan projects, manage animal models, and carry out research activities of an assigned project through completion. The Research Associate will utilize genetically engineered and immune-compromised animal models and standard molecular biology techniques. The Research Associate will present data and findings at lab and scientific meetings, seminars, etc., prepare manuscripts, and contribute preliminary data for grant proposals.
1. Hands-on experience with genetically engineered mouse models, maintenance and animal husbandry, working with tumor xenograft models for assessing the impact of genes and preclinical drug efficacies.
2. Hands-on experience in molecular techniques routinely used in cancer research including but not limited to, cell culture, sequencing, generation of genetically modified cell lines, DNA/RNA/protein assessments, in vitro/in vivo assays etc.
3. Effective problem-solving skills; must demonstrate innovation and creativity, sound judgment, and good decision-making.
4. Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
5. Adequate oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills; must demonstrate the ability to effectively and professionally communicate and work with various individuals within and external to the University.
Experience: 0 to 5 years of related experience. Recent Ph.D graduates, or graduates with less than 2 years of prior postdoctoral experience are highly encouraged to apply.
Education/Licensing: MD, DVM, and/or Ph.D in biomedical sciences with sub-specialties in any of Genetics, Cell Biology, Cancer Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, Biotechnology or in other relevant fields
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter, CV, and names of three referees to [email protected]