Technical Assistant (f/m/d) – Epigenome-based Precision Medicine
Are you seeking a chance to challenge your organizational and technical abilities?
Do you have a passion for stem cell engineering, mouse models, and single-cell technologies?
Here is your chance to contribute to science that makes a difference for childhood cancers!
The Tomazou group at the St. Anna Children’s Cancer Research Institute (St. Anna CCRI) is recruiting a Technical Assistant to contribute to research projects focusing on fusion-driven sarcomas. In this responsible and enabling role, you will have the unique opportunity to be part of a multidisciplinary competence center for pediatric cancer research and to have a direct influence on the development of new cancer therapies. The successful candidate will be involved in several lab operations and become an expert in state-of-the-art technologies such as single cell analysis and in vivo functional screens.
Research projects pursued by the Tomazou group are supported by an ERC Consolidator grant and grants funded by the Vienna Science & Technology Fund (WWTF) and the Austian Science Fund (FWF).
Information about the Tomazou group can be found here:
• You will become an integral member of our team, supporting and enabling ongoing research projects
• You will execute nucleic acid extraction and prepare next-generation sequencing libraries
• You will carry out in vivo mouse work, including in vivo cell transplantation, tracing, and imaging
• You will support with general lab operations (ordering and inventory management)
Does this sound interesting? This is our offer to you:
• Exciting and promising research projects in an inspiring and international environment
• An outstanding working atmosphere in a dynamic team funded by an ERC Consolidator Grant
• Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
• Flexible working hours, discounted lunch and other great benefits
• Great location in the center of Vienna, a capital of biomedical research in Europe with excellent quality of life
• A fair and attractive salary package starting at € 2.850,-- gross (14x per year) on full-time basis with a view to increase based on your qualification and experience
What you bring for this position:
• Degree in life sciences (B.Sc., M.Sc., Mag., DI)
• Excellent technical skills in molecular and cellular biology
• Experience with mouse handling (FELASA certification or similar is desired, but not required)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (German not required)
• Team player with strong communication skills and a proactive “getting things done’’ mentality
How to Apply
We are looking forward to your application! Applications should at least contain your Curriculum Vitae, a cover letter and the contact details of three references.
The application deadline is the 15.11.2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
About Our Organization
The St. Anna Children's Cancer Research Institute (St. Anna CCRI) is located in the heart of Vienna, the most livable city in the world and one of the most important sites for biomedical research in Europe. St. Anna CCRI is a multidisciplinary and internationally networked center of excellence whose goal is to contribute to a sustainable improvement in the cure rates of childhood and adolescent cancers through innovative research and development. Due to the close cooperation between clinic and research, St. Anna Children's Cancer Research offers the ideal environment for cutting-edge research at a high international level and its implementation in clinical practice.
St. Anna CCRI is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing a work environment of mutual respect to everyone without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Find more information here: https://ccri.at/