Senior Manager, Scientific and Technical Affairs
St. Louis, MO 63134
Comprehensive benefits & bonus package
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while taking science a step beyond through research, development and delivery of life-changing therapies. Your determination to deliver quality and accuracy will improve health outcomes that people and communities depend on – now and in the future.
Location/Division Specific Information
Onsite-St Louis, MO/Hybrid/ US Remote
The Scientific and Technical Affairs (S&TA) team within the Biologics unit of Drug Substance Division, combines protein engineering, cell biology and bioprocess engineering to support our clients in the biopharmaceutical/biotechnology/medical devices and advanced therapies industries in transforming innovations to products. We understand our clients’ needs, and we support from early proof of concept to commercial manufacturing of the drug substance. Our passionate team works hard to help client address needs at each stage of their product lifecycle.
Discover Impactful Work:
You will work closely with the commercial organization (Sales, Marketing, Business Management, Proposals) and the Business Unit Leadership team to develop and drive technical strategy, be the conduit of our technical capabilities to our customers and the scientific community, and evaluate new opportunities for improved service offerings via implementation of new technologies. By leading and cultivating active collaborations across our global biologics network and bringing together key collaborators from BioProcess Sciences (BPS) functional areas, core technical SMEs and commercial team members, you will help drive alignment on technical service offerings and customer proposals.
A day in the Life:
• Serve as a key BPS Subject Matter Expert (SME) by providing technical and strategic leadership for the development of biologics such as monoclonal antibodies
• Provide technical sales support in partnership with our commercial team to help customers understand our capability and capacity through customer visits, partner meetings and presentations at key conferences, seminars, and roadshows
• Lead the technical due diligence process when working with prospective customers as well as contribute to the sales cycle/process
• Collaborate with Business Management as a technical point of contact to support key business processes such as S&OP planning
• Collaborate with Marketing on development of technical content such as whitepapers and presentations and provide input on go-to-market strategy and marketing campaigns
• Collaborate with GMP sites to ensure that technology platforms and service offerings are aligned with manufacturing capabilities and overall business strategy
• Manage the development and commercialization of new business offerings in collaboration with business management, sales and marketing
• Participate in BPS Technology Development initiative, steering committee monthly meetings, and support technology development projects as needed
• Supervise, guide, and mentor to junior staff
Keys to Success:
B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology or related discipline with 10+ years of experience; MS with 8+ years; Ph.D. with 5+ years
• Experience in biopharmaceutical industry, service industry, bioprocess development and/or manufacturing, or other industries related to biologics; equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered
• Solid understanding of pharmaceutical development, manufacturing and outsourcing including familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices
• Strong leadership and conflict resolution experience
• Demonstrated achievements as an agent of change
• Excellent customer facing track-record in delivering successful partnerships
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to balance/maintain conflicting goals, responsibilities, and priorities of the organization
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to motivate and lead
• Strong project ownership ethic with a “can do” attitude
• Well organized and detail oriented
• Ability to travel (up to 40%) domestic and international
• Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need.
How to Apply
Apply today! https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/job/R-011…
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
About Our Organization
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $30 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com