954 Gatewood Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
The Genomics Core within the Emory National Primate Research Center at Emory University is currently seeking a full time Assistant Scientist to join our team. Our academic core facility provides next-generation sequencing support services for researchers across Emory University and the person in this role will be responsible for our single cell RNAseq and spatial transcriptomics services. We are excited to continue expanding our available assays in this area and are looking for someone with an understanding of the research applications of these techniques to fully investigate the possibilities, while also providing support for our regular lab operations. If you have experience with and an understanding of basic molecular biology in addition to cell or tissue handling expertise, we welcome your application. Prior next-generation sequencing experience is helpful, but not required.
The ideal candidate should be motivated, dependable, detail-oriented, have a positive attitude and passion for research. The Assistant Scientist will be a team player who is willing to learn on the job and collaborate with lab members and center members to ensure the highest quality of laboratory research support.
- Under minimal supervision, performs a wide range of highly technical and complex tasks necessary to advance basic and/or translational research programs.
- Responsible for working with experimental platforms such as single cell RNAseq, spatial transcriptomics, bulk RNAseq/exome/WGS, and advanced liquid handling automation equipment.
- Duties will include but are not limited to experimental design and project management, conducting NGS assays, data analysis, and interpretation and communication of results with clients.
- Will be required to review literature and apply advanced knowledge, skills, and input necessary for protocol development.
- Maintains records, files and logs of work performed in laboratory notebooks and computer databases.
- Employees in this classification may be required to work with, take specific precautions against and/or be immunized against potentially hazardous agents.
- May assist in grant and other funding applications, as necessary and appropriate.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
PhD or MD OR a Master's degree and five years of professional level experience in a technical or research lab.
How to Apply
Please apply through the Emory Careers website: https://staff-emory.icims.com/jobs/110777/job
About Our Organization
Dedicated to discovering causes, preventions, treatments, and cures of disease, Emory National Primate Research Center (EPC) is improving human and animal health and lives worldwide. One of seven NPRCs funded by the NIH, EPC conducts studies that make breakthrough discoveries possible. Learn more at http://enprc.emory.edu