1 Bungtown Road
Cold Spring Harbor, NY, USA, NY 11724
Compensation and Benefits:
Our employees are compensated in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional health benefits, retirement plans, time off, a range of recognition, wellness programs and access to an affordable and licensed on-site childcare center. Visit our CSHL Benefits site to learn more.
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is seeking a Graphic Artist to work as a part of a creative team to generate professional layout and design concepts for both print and digital media, bridging readily between the two to implement designs for but not limited to book covers, illustrations, magazines, brochures, general print needs, the web, and mobile devices.
• Layout, design of print and electronic media as directed
• Work with team members to generate creative ideas and conceptual designs for the production of digital materials
• Track and manage projects as assigned
• Produce conceptual drawings and illustrations as assigned
• Manage outside vendor relationships
• Manage digital assets, (images and files) as assigned
Advanced Photoshop skills to adjust images as needed
• Other projects as deemed necessary by department management
EDUCATION (Degree Requirements):
• College degree in Graphic Design and/or Digital Media preferred.
EXPERIENCE (Amount of experience required to perform responsibilities):
• 5 years of design & layout experience in a production environment.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB:
• Knowledge of Mac and PC platforms
• Commanding use of Illustrator, PhotoShop, Indesign, Word, and Acrobat, font management
• Working understanding of composition, color theory, and management, typography,
• Strong command of layout and design
• Capable of digital drawing
• Ability to learn new software and processes with a commitment to professional growth
• Ability to work in a variety of media and meet deadlines, sizing limits, and financial restrictions
• Organized self-starter, who can work within a team setting
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, candidates should create an account and apply to the position found here: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cshl/jobs/4027…
Position ID: 00356
About Our Organization
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is a world-renowned research and education institution recognized internationally for its excellence in fundamental areas, such as cancer, neuroscience, plant biology, genomics, and quantitative biology. The Laboratory has long been recognized as a place for nurturing young scientists, with post-doctoral researchers being an integral part of the discovery process. The Laboratory offers a warm, collegial, and collaborative work environment in a beautiful location about one hour from New York City.
You are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition to your employment at the Laboratory. You will be required to provide proof of your vaccination on your first day of employment. For those individuals, who are unable to receive a vaccine due to access issues, they will be expected to receive the vaccine upon arrival in New York.
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. VEVRAA Federal Contractor