10179 Huennekens Street, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92121
Full Job Description
Immediate position available at a Sorrento Valley biotech company for a Full Time Hourly Lab Technician I:
1) Perform lab duties such as sorting samples, measuring concentrations, PCR Assembly, post -reaction purification, and other lab duties as needed
2) Assist with cleaning and maintaining lab equipment and lab
3) Assist with record-keeping
Preferred - Not Required:
1) Familiarity with lab environment in an academic or work setting
2) Familiar with the use of pipettes
3) Have SOME background knowledge with respect to bacterial transformation, plasmids, and sanger sequencing
1) Science Related Major, preferably Molecular Bio or Bio/BioChem - recent grads are welcome
2) Quick learner
3) Detail Oriented/Meticulous
4) Has excellent communication, organization and teamwork skills
5) Sense of Urgency
6) Proactive, needs little guidance once trained
7) Proficient in Microsoft Office
8) Willing to work overtime when the need arises
Shift: Mon-Fri, 10am - 7pm (must be available Monday thru Friday)
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in getting into the service side of the biotech scene.
Benefits: Sick leave pay accrual of up to 48 hours per year. Eligible for Medical, dental, and vision benefits after successful completion of probationary period.
Introductory Period: 3 months'
How to Apply
About Our Organization
Eton Bioscience Inc is a privately held company located in sunny San Diego, at the heart of the biotech scene. Since our founding in 2003, we have been contributing to the biological research community by providing support to both academia and industry with our services. We strive to provide the absolute best through our competitive pricing, reliable service and quality care to our customers. By developing and utilizing the latest innovative techniques, we hope to become a powerful resource for your research needs.
At Eton we deliver services, not words. We are devoted to meeting the research community's need for quality DNA sequencing and oligo synthesis. We also provide a variety of custom services as well as our own line of products. Initially only serving the local San Diego area, we have now expanded to provide our services to research institutions worldwide.