619 West 54th Street, New York, NY 10019
New York, NY 10001
The New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF) is a growing and successful nonprofit whose mission is to accelerate cures for the major diseases of our time through stem cell research.
We are looking for a Grants Coordinator to join our Scientific Outreach team. You describe yourself as an organized, detail-oriented, proactive individual. Reporting to the Vice President of Scientific Outreach, you will handle pre- and post-award related tasks and timelines concerning the submission and administration of grants to support NYSCF's intramural research. You will be in a very highly collaborative role involving NYSCF's scientific and finance teams.
What you'll do
• Identify and distribute funding opportunities aligned with priority scientific areas to shape the annual grant application strategy
• Maintain awareness of and ensure institutional accordance with current federal funding compliance requirements and policies
• Serve as an Authorized Official Representative (AOR) for NYSCF, with responsibility for submitting all proposals and related reports, including federal FFATA reporting, and as the administrative point of contact for funders and subaward organizations
• Actively coordinate proposal submission process and ensure all grant submissions meet internal and external requirements, including institutional leadership approval and internal deadlines to enable timely submissions
• Interact regularly with NYSCF Research Investigators and scientists to understand areas of focus and budgetary needs
• Coordinate preparation and maintenance of grant proposal administrative documents, including budget drafting
• Prepare all post-award reporting, including progress and final reports
• Track current/pending awards and define relevant metrics to assess and improve success
• Monitor grant spending and progress in collaboration with the Finance department
• Work with the finance department and scientific staff to prepare accurate invoices and billing, and submit invoices and requests for payment (including Payment Management System)
• Provide budget totals/estimates as needed to the finance department, including planning for future years
• Assist with financial audits as needed
What we're looking for
•Bachelor's degree required; a scientific background is not necessary
•Experience in (ideally 2-5 years) and understanding of the biomedical research grants landscape, including funding opportunities and requirements, especially for NIH but also foundations
•Experience in financial operations (ideally 2-5 years), including budget and invoice preparation
•Exceptional organizational skills, including ability to prioritize, coordinate, and execute multiple deadline-oriented tasks/projects simultaneously
•Strong attention to detail and commitment to operational excellence
•Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
•Proficiency with file management, Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Google Drive
•Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of highly collaborative teams
•Adaptability to work in a fast-paced and evolving environment
•This position's base starting salary range is $60,000 - $78,000. Final offer amounts and levels are determined by multiple factors, including your experience, and may vary from the amounts listed above. NYSCF has a 35-hour workweek and this level is exempt and is not overtime eligible.
At NYSCF, we believe diversity in all forms makes us a better team, and we celebrate it. Yet studies have shown that women, people of color, and other minoritized individuals in STEM may be less likely to apply to jobs where they do not meet all of the criteria. Therefore, if you are excited about this role but your past experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We offer all full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package that goes into effect on the first of the month following your start date. It includes a choice of medical, dental, and vision insurance (with 100% of the premiums paid for employees and subsidies for any dependents), 403b retirement plan with 5% employer match (immediate vesting schedule which starts after your first 90 days), short and long term insurance, life insurance, inclusive paid parental leave program, pretax transit and parking, legal aid benefits and wellness benefits. Our paid time off includes vacation, sick, personal days, flexible holidays, summer flex program, and all company holidays. If a visa is required, NYSCF will cover all of those costs. Relocation will sometimes be necessary; therefore, we will provide you with an allowance.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification upon hire.
NYSCF is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our organization. We provide equal opportunities to all applicants for employment without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The position is based at our location in Manhattan. Our Research Institute facility is a fully COVID-19-vaccinated workplace.
How to Apply