9535 Waples St Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92121
We are seeking a Logistics Associate to assist with (1) Preparing shipments, including documentation, for outbound shipments. (2) Receiving, inspecting, verifying, process and route all materials into the facility and enter the receipts in the Materials Management software system. (3) Managing temperature-controlled, inventoried material in multiple warehouse locations and builds relationships with manufacturing, couriers, and customers through the resolution of delivery issues.
This role will report to the Supply Chain Leader. A successful candidate will have an enthusiastic entrepreneurial work ethic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates and communicates with logistics technicians, customer service representatives, service providers, and others involved in the shipment and receipt of products.
- Prepare outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet quality and customer specifications
- Receive materials, parts, and supplies and store in appropriate location
- Issue material, parts and supplies and fill production orders as required
- Maintain lot issuance and tracking system
- Proactively report supply risk, product and material availability issues for Kanban
- Work with functional owners to identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues in routine logistics
- Assists in order entry, picking, packing and delivery of both internal and external orders as needed.
- Perform physical stock checks in warehouse and stockroom
- Implement best standards in logistics
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supply Chain Leader
- 1-3 years of industry experience required with biotech experience preferred
- Exceptional people skills, fostering cross functional collaboration.
- Highly adaptable and independent
- Thrive in a start-up, rapidly growing company environment
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, great computer skills
- Take initiative and have a growth mindset
- Ability to lift units with weights up to 50 lbs.
- Conscious of safety requirements and applicable material handling methods (including universal precautions for handling potentially bio-hazardous materials)
- Experience working in a Quality regulated environment a plus
- Experience with Dynamics ERP is highly preferred
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- As a critical and essential role, the candidate must be willing and able to travel to the San Diego, CA office to report to work. We have protocols in place to provide a safe, socially distanced work environment.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
Codex DNA is a pioneer in Synthetic Biology. We have created the world's first fully automated double stranded DNA-Gene synthesis platform. It harnesses the power and precision of Gibson Assembly® to synthesize synthetic gene in a single overnight operation on the benchtop. Our vision is to bridge the gap between the digital and biological worlds by developing revolutionary synthetic genomics platforms that accelerate advances in drug discovery, precision medicine, DNA data storage and industrial design.