Technical Application Scientist II
9535 Waples St., Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92121
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Time Off, Wellness Days, Stock Options
Summary of Role:
The position of Technical Application Scientist, II works with our current customers (internal/external) to help them best utilize Codex DNA systems and products to fit within their laboratory workstream. This role also captures and is largely responsible for resolving customer inquiries through answering questions and troubleshooting issues occurring with Codex DNA products or processes. This role is also critical in closing the quality feedback loop by regularly providing analyzed data trends to business stakeholders (peers, colleagues, and leadership) so that both business and product quality are improved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focused on delivering a best-in-class customer experience.
- Support questions and issues coming into the functional queue related to Codex DNA products and business processes.
- Entry and daily management of cases in Codex DNA’s CRM system.
- Collaborate with peers to capture and develop support content.
- Assist with the documentation and creation of work instructions that support. expansion and implementation of technical knowledge base.
- Assist internal support resources with product/process investigations needed to support customers, these may include:
- Request and management of customer job re-run in-house
- Analyze project sequence complexity to improve customer success
- Assessment of customer protocols to help align with CODEX DNA best practices
- Assist Senior Technical Support staff with New Product Introductions or internal projects.
- All other duties as assigned or necessary.
- Requires knowledge and understanding of PCR, DNA & RNA Mol Bio techniques, rolling circle amplification, codon optimization, antibody design, and synthetic biology workflows.
- Exposure to CRM Systems, SalesForce.com Service Cloud preferred.
- Working understanding of liquid handling automation equipment and robotics.
- Working in a customer facing role with a ‘support’ focused mindset.
- Self-starter, able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Independent problem-solver.
- Works effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environment.
- BS in Molecular Biology, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or similar field with 3+ years of relevant work experience or MS with 1-2+ years of relevant work experience.
About Our Organization
Our mission is to apply our breakthroughs in automation solutions for DNA, RNA, and protein synthesis to enable customers to program and "write" synthetic biology that creates sustainable healthcare and technology solutions for some of humanity’s biggest challenges. Our gene synthesis portfolio reduces the turnaround time for synthesizing workflows from weeks and months to days and hours, and includes the BioXp™ system, DNA services, Gibson Assembly® reagents, and Vmax™ chemically competent cells. In addition to automating, accelerating, and optimizing DNA design, synthesis, cloning and amplification, Codex DNA and the BioXp™ system ensure your designs stay in your hands, marrying speed and security for innovators in drug discovery, vaccine development, precision medicine, and beyond.