Director of Facilities Operations
One Bungtown Road
Cold Spg Hbr, NY 11724
Comprehensive Benefits Package
We are seeking a seasoned and hands-on Director of Facilities Operations to direct the running of our facilities and create a safe and efficient work environment that improves business performance and optimizes staff productivity.
Your skills in managing facilities and directing facilities functions will assist our organization in creating integrated spaces, minimizing disruptions to overall business operations, improving working conditions, and creating a safe and comfortable environment for both staff and clients.
Duties for the Director of Facilities Operations will include:
- Directs preventative maintenance proactive & reactive repair maintenance issues using skilled trades, e.g., mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, and equipment services;
- Directs custodial operations to ensure healthy and attractive facilities;
- Directs grounds, landscape and maintenance operations to ensure a safe and attractive environment;
- Oversees maintenance of property infrastructure cleaning, e.g., building, roofing, parking lot;
- May oversee or manage renovations and/or capital projects;
- Oversees equipment and systems replacement or upgrades: Evaluates condition and function of building utility systems to determine needs and priorities for capital funding requests, ensures building code compliance, proper installation and design practices for systems associated with minor or major maintenance and renovation projects;
- Provides direction and oversight for the development and implementation of an overall emergency management strategy;
- Acts as a liaison between the client and regulatory agencies and/or authorities including building code compliance;
- Provides and applies practical knowledge regarding building maintenance, e.g., air conditioning and heating systems, building automatic control systems, water distribution, fire protection, sanitary and storm sewer operations, piped gases, electrical distribution and central utility plants for chilled water. Works with capital project teams if needed;
- Manages all tradespersons, managers, supervisors and employees of the Facilities Operations Department;
- Reviews, evaluates and modifies existing programs, services, policies and procedures on an annual basis;
- Develops recommendations concerning improvements and implements or guides implementation of new and/or modified programs, services, policies or procedures;
- Communicates with client administrative and supervisory staff as well as external groups, agencies, contractors, architects and engineers to plan, organize, coordinate and/or communicate programs, services, policies and/or procedures;
- Monitors flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of workload and adherence to facility’s standards and regulations;
- Prepares and manages departmental budgets, which may include energy savings program;
- Prepares and maintains a variety of departmental records and reports;
- Manages and ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory and governing agencies;
- Monitors work performance and preparing and/or reviewing performance evaluations for assigned personnel;
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by performing safety audits and inspections, conducting safety-related training, and maintaining on-going communications with employees;
- Member of various committees either created or to be created as it relates to the operation of the facilities.
-Strong interpersonal skills.
-Excellent communication skills.
-Project management experience.
-Good knowledge of regulations and laws.
-Good problem-solving skills.
-Be highly organized.
-Good negotiating skills.
Please apply for this this position via the CSHL website:
Position Number 01555-A
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is a world-renowned research and educational institution with programs in cancer, neuroscience, plant biology, genomics and bioinformatics. The Laboratory is recognized internationally for its excellence in research and educational activities. For more information about CSHL, please visit https://www.cshl.edu.
You are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition to your employment at the Laboratory, except in instances where you have a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance that is contrary to receiving the vaccine. You will be required to provide proof of your vaccination on your first day of employment. For those individuals, who are unable to receive a vaccine due to access issues, they will be expected to receive the vaccine upon arrival in New York.
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Education: A degree in Facilities Management, Engineering, or Property Management.
Experience: 7-10 years within a facilities management capacity
How to Apply
About Our Organization
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is a world-renowned research and educational institution with programs in cancer, neuroscience, plant biology, genomics and bioinf