Senior Marketing Manager
3521 Investement Boulevard
Hayward, CA 94545
Paragon Genomics offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending account, 401K, paid time off, flexible work arrangements, and stock options.
Paragon Genomics is a fast-growing life sciences company developing advanced reagents and assay kits for next-generation sequencing (NGS). We are seeking a highly versatile Senior Marketing Manager to join our growing team. This position will be responsible for driving the marketing programs for the Company across all of its products in the Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) target enrichment and library preparation market. The ideal candidate is a hybrid of a creative graphic designer, passionate technical writer, and relentless marketer. This person will plan and execute marketing activities, including trade show attendance, digital and content marketing, social media, technical presentations, market research and analysis, and customer development, to build brand awareness and drive sales.
This position requires a person with strong demonstrated skills in all aspects of product marketing: strategic (go-to-market), tactical (digital and content marketing), and supportive (sales training and collateral). The ideal candidate will have: (1) A technical and scientific background in molecular biology, cell biology, and/or biochemistry; (2) Experience in introducing and promoting life sciences products (especially Next-Generation Sequencing reagents) in the academic/NGS service/pharma markets; and (3) Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Develop and execute highly effective marketing programs and campaign materials to support product launches, lead generation, and brand awareness
- Participate in the development of digital marketing strategy, including email campaigns, SEO/SEM, social media, etc.
- Develop and track marketing metrics to measure the impact of marketing initiatives and campaigns
- Assist the team on product life cycle management activities and other ongoing projects
- Provide support to the US sales team and international distributors
- Plan, coordinate, and execute conference exhibition and attendance
- Generate and update marketing collateral, web pages, and customer-facing presentations
- Develop and cultivate key opinion leaders
- Monitor industry development and competitive landscape
Required Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge:
- Strong business acumen, emotional intelligence, and organizational skills
- Ability to perform under pressure, adapt to changes (e.g., priorities and timelines), and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to distill highly technical data to focused marketing materials that can be easily digested by a broad audience, including customers, the scientific community, distributors, etc.
- Experience in marketing life sciences products, especially NGS target enrichment and library preparation reagents
- Experience in various forms of digital marketing, including email marketing, search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), content marketing, etc.
- Excellent technical writing, creative/graphic design, and editing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator or equivalent software
- Proficiency in WordPress preferred
- Ability to travel 30%
Education & Background Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree, or equivalent, in Biology or a related scientific/technical subject
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience in a life sciences marketing capacity
How to Apply
About Our Organization
About Paragon Genomics:
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Paragon Genomics is a fast-growing precision medicine company. Our patented targeted sequencing technologies CleanPlex DNA, CleanPlex RNA, and CleanPlex UMI provide comprehensive solutions to precision diagnostics in oncology, infectious disease, inherited disease, reproductive health, neurology, cardiology, and many other applications. Our technologies and products have been adopted by hundreds of prominent Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) labs globally. With our platforms, we can efficiently and rapidly produce unique and customized next-generation sequencing (NGS) assays to meet the needs of researchers, testing labs, and biopharma precision medicine projects.
The Company was selected by a distinguished panel into the California Life Science Association F.A.S.T. Program in March 2016 and was accepted into the prestigious Stanford StartX Medicine Accelerator Program in September 2016.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Paragon Genomics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.