6398 Cindy Lane
Carpinteria, CA 93013
As a healthcare company committed to protecting the health and safety for our employees, contractors, customers and communities, employees in this role are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an accommodation has been granted for a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent’s Companion Diagnostics (CDx) Business partners closely with leading pharmaceutical companies to develop, manufacture and commercialize in vitro diagnostic devices, which are a critical part of precision medicine. The CDx business serves to support the development of targeted cancer therapies. You can learn more about CDx and our products at https://www.agilent.com/en/solutions/companion-diagnostics and http://www.agilent.com/en-us/dako-products.
We are looking for a highly motivated Research Assistant to complement our team in the Research and Development (R&D) organization. You will provide technical support to develop accurate, robust and precise assays. You will work in a cross-functional team dedicated to the design and development of CDx assays in a highly regulated environment and perform the following activities.
- Providing technical support to develop immunohistochemistry assays and in situ hybridization assays
- Assisting with technical assignments within feasibility projects, development projects and technology development projects in the CDx division
- Carrying out experiments
- Transcribing and verifying data, writing scientific protocols and reports
- Organizing and storing materials and stained slides
- Understanding and implementing our quality management system framework. Quality is our passion.
- Ensuring success through collaboration with your team
- BS/BA in Biology, Biochemistry or related field
- 2+ years of related laboratory experience
- Ability to follow Quality System regulations
- Detail-oriented and organizational skills
- Analytical skills, creativity and working well in a team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work diligently with speed and focus
- Good communication skills
- Experience with immunohistochemical staining, in situ hybridization and use of a microscope is a plus
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.