Associate Scientist, Automated Systems (iPSC Generation)
619 West 54th Street New York, NY
New York, NY 10001
The New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF) Research Institute is a growing and successful nonprofit whose mission is to accelerate cures through stem cell research.
NYSCF is seeking an Associate Scientist, Automated Systems (iPSC Generation) to join the NYSCF Global Stem Cell ArrayTM, a robotic system that automates both iPSC derivation, gene editing, downstream differentiations and assays. The Associate Scientist, Automated Systems is responsible for providing support in production of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and other biological material within the NYSCF Global Stem Cell Array. This position reports to the Senior Director, working closely with other members of the Array team, including engineers, IT specialists, project management, and operations.
This is a full-time position based on a 35-hour workweek, however, weekend and Holiday work is occasionally required.
We are seeking a highly self-motivated applicant with a strong interest in stem cell biology and the creation of cell models for disease applications. Mammalian cell culture experience is required. The applicant will ideally have an interest/background in production environments and comfort in performing routine tasks including automated and manual cell culture, biological specimen preparation and sample management.
What you'll do
- Process incoming biological specimens such as, but not limited to, blood, saliva and skin samples
- Perform both automated and manual cell culture of cell lines including (but not limited to) human fibroblasts, human peripheral blood cells, human embryonic/induced pluripotent stem cells, and differentiated cell types
- Work collaboratively with other scientists and engineers to perform all necessary automation protocols for fibroblast expansion, reprogramming, iPSC expansion and QC, and differentiations on the robotic platforms(s)
- Communicate and execute tasks effectively with other lab staff to plan, implement, and develop/improve novel automation assays and workflows
- Work closely and consistently with the laboratory operations team to ensure reagents/consumables inventory is accurately and efficiently supplied
- Maintain extremely organized and accurate records and troubleshoot issues independently, as well as provide succinct details to automation team in the event of errors
- Provide regular feedback at inter-team meetings by providing input as and when relevant
- Provide routine scientific reports to key team members around area of work, in particular with regards to sample status and management
What we're looking for
- Human/mammalian cell culture experience is required, with additional broad experiences in cell and molecular biology techniques preferred
- A minimum of a BSc/BA in a relevant discipline is required
- A strong interest in stem cell research and ideally experience working within a production environment.
- A high proficiency in both Mac and PC computer, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and is required
- Experience with LIMS systems are a plus
- Adaptability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Extremely organized and able to prioritize a substantial workload
- Some weekend and Holiday work is required
- Level commensurate with experience
We offer all full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package that goes into effect on the first of the month following your start date.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification upon hire. The position is located onsite on a full-time basis at our location in Manhattan.
NYSCF is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our company. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our Research Institute facility is a fully COVID-19 vaccinated workplace.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/G7jLnwfD4ZMnsBBRIqY5J
How to Apply