Senior Scientist, Single Molecule Biophotonics
1305 O’Brien Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Pacific Biosciences is seeking a Scientist/Sr. Scientist to join a dynamic team developing next generation DNA sequencing technology. This position is in a fast-paced environment, interacting with Research and Process Development scientists from a variety of backgrounds. The selected individual will be working toward the development of new reagents for the Pacific Biosciences SMRT™ sequencing system. This will include reagent preparation, testing new reagents and protocols to develop and optimize conditions, and performance testing on commercial as well as prototype instruments. The position primarily involves hands-on laboratory work and data analysis.
The selected individual will design and conduct experiments using both commercial and prototype instrumentation and reagents to test and develop new components and formulations for the Pacific Biosciences SMRT™ sequencing system. Presentation of results at both weekly group and weekly department meetings will be required. The individual will share some responsibilities for laboratory and reagent management. Participation in cross-functional and intragroup experiments and/or projects will also be required.
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience in Biophysics, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related scientific field
- Working knowledge of single molecule fluorescence and its application is essential
- Knowledge of photophysics and/or photochemistry of different classes of fluorophores would be beneficial
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience working with complex, prototype instrumentation is a plus
- Laboratory experience in reagent prep and assay development is a plus
- Attention to detail, careful record-keeping, a high level of organization, and good verbal and written communication skills are required
- Ability to work collaboratively on complex, team-oriented projects
- The successful candidate will enjoy working closely with others as a member of an interdisciplinary team
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
PacBio is a leading provider of high quality, long-read sequencing platforms.