Group Marketing Manager - Marketing Communications and eCommerce Manager - Sequencing
Wilmington, MA 01867
Roche is dedicated to creating innovative diagnostics for the most challenging clinical conditions to deliver on the promise of personalized medicine. At Roche Sequencing & Life Science, we are working to make next-generation sequencing simple and accessible enough for routine clinical use by developing differentiated, highly integrated end-to-end solutions for next-generation sequencing.
We are seeking a creative and strategic marketing leader who is excited by the dynamic and competitive Next Gen Sequencing industry that is dramatically revolutionizing healthcare. The Marketing Communications and eCommerce Manager is accountable for driving business impact through development and execution of marketing communications, including digital and ecommerce strategy across the Sequencing portfolio. This individual will lead a team of six product marketing communication specialists, providing a clear vision and focus on desired outcomes in order to drive communication strategy and execution excellence, as well as ensure professional development of a team of Individual Contributors. Reporting to the Vice President of Sequencing & Life Science, this individual will be responsible for significant business deliverables and must, ensure the efficient and appropriate investment within marketing communications, eCommerce, and Digital strategy to enable the US organization to drive topline results and support attainment of Roche Sequencing goals.
- Leads and manages Marketing Communication, eCommerce, and Digital Marketing team for Roche Sequencing in the US. Drives implementation of external and internal communications in support of short- and long-term business objectives for Roche Sequencing while securing stakeholder alignment, program funding and functional resourcing.
- Works in close collaboration with leaders across businesses and corporate functions including Marketing, Sales, Support & Applications, International Business teams, Regulatory, Legal, People & Culture, Medical and Scientific Affairs, Market Access, Commercial Operations, Sales and others to deliver comprehensive and successful customer engagement.
- With team, creates meaningful customer interactions with Roche products and services using existing and emerging relationship marketing and digital channels communications strategies and technology.
- With team, supports Roche Sequencing & Life Science by leveraging and orchestrating multichannel marketing expertise to optimally deploy digital marketing campaigns and other tactics to audiences that help the organization meet or exceed business strategies and objectives.
- With team, develops and executes communications within the brand messaging strategy to build awareness and promote and support new business development efforts. Ensure all marketing materials and campaigns are consistent with brand standards, tone, and voice across all platforms to ensure brand clarity and efficiency.
- Brings a strategic mindset and understanding of how marketing, technology and a customer-centric mindset work together to grow and strengthens brands.
- Understands the dynamics of e-commerce as a commercial business, while participating in broader ecommerce organization projects, digital product and systems revisions, and long-term growth plans to help the organization properly scale.
- Responsible for planning, development, implementation and management of the Sequencing marketing communications strategy, including advertising and promotions to support the marketing objectives and maximize the positive exposure in the US target markets. Ensure the Sequencing business is supported with deliberate and engaging communications through a multi-channel infrastructure that delivers impactful and timely content to target audiences.
- Responsible for collaborating cross-functionally to manage and direct all aspects of the ecommerce business, including business planning, content strategy and development, promotional campaigns and other online marketing, website design, web analytics and web technologies. With the team, this role develops an eCommerce and Digital strategy that offers single view of the customer through all digital touchpoints, personalization to leads and potential customers, increased customer engagement, while providing the sales and marketing teams with actionable insights into the customer journey.
- Elevate and drive Roche Sequencing market-leader reputation by building scientific and agnostic content in areas aligned with the overall marketing strategy. He/she will leverage editorial, digital marketing and project management experience to create high-quality, targeted content for multiple audiences and platforms. The responsibilities will include creating and editing marketing resources that promote Roche Sequencing products and services, unique capabilities, talent, and experience to consistently support our target audience’s business challenges. With team, compose and edit persuasive cross-channel content that delivers positive, measurable results, including:
- Marketing collateral, literature, case success stories, and other sales support materials
- Thought-leadership content: white papers, video scripts, webinars, advertising and direct mail campaigns
- Social media and website content.
- Implements data-driven response plans with organization, working closely with cross-functional areas and regional colleagues. Measure ongoing progress and impact. Ensures tactical collaboration with all other channels and solutions across the Roche Diagnostics ecosystem.
- Manages a team of 6 or more strategic communication specialists, with a strong focus on mentoring and professional development. Selects, develops, and evaluates employees to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Partners with agency and third-party professionals to develop and deliver communications programming.
- Collaborates with the global teams to set the vision for a comprehensive website and digital strategy, plans and executes to deliver a highly personalized, premium online experience that drives sales and engagement with customers in the US. Serves as a liaison and primary point of contact with global and regional stakeholders, acting as a project manager to represent Sequencing to evaluate, prioritize, develop, manage, implement and test eCommerce initiatives.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years of digital marketing experience
- 5+ years of direct leadership experience
- Experience in managing and developing a team of direct reports, facilitating knowledge sharing and a productive working environment with internal and external partners. Exceptional track record of leading teams and developing people, including the ability to translate organizational strategies into actionable, inspiring actions for the team.
- Ability to demonstrate the return on investment of key marketing programs
- Strong executive presence and the ability to thoughtfully advise top executives, comfortably providing alternative points of view. Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to counsel and influence executive management, business stakeholders, and direct staff.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, matrixed environment. Demonstrated experience working effectively with others on cross-functional teams to drive internal process and strategy improvement.
- Understand the needs, capacities, operational mechanisms, and pertinent performance data metrics of major eCommerce channels.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to company values and furthering a diverse and inclusive team environment.
- Aptitude in collaborating with compliance, legal and regulatory on challenges impacting the company's image and reputation.
- Ability to manage agency partners and all aspects of the budget.
- Solid understanding and familiarity with new and emerging communications tools and technology
- Demonstrated success at managing competing deadlines with tight timeframes.
- Ability to distill complex information into compelling and simple terms, with an understanding of public perception and issues pertaining to the industry and the regulated healthcare environment.
- Prior experience in healthcare communications / public relations communications. A corporate or agency environment, preferably both.
- Expert knowledge of web design, social media, email and digital marketing campaign management best practices, content production, and emerging digital media trends and marketing best practices.
- Proven experience leading projects to integrate siloed enterprise systems into a best-of-breed digital platform to improve customer experience and online purchasing
- Strong project management skills
- Prior experience managing third-party vendors and agency relationships
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, both oral and written. Proficiency in writing style execution, editing and proofing skills.
- Fluency in the Google Suite of applications
- Direct experience with eCommerce platforms (e.g. Magento)
- Creative and artistic vision and direction, previous graphic design experience is a plus