Postdoc, DaRE Lab
62 Nanyang Drive
Postdoctoral fellow positions are available in the DNA and RNA Editing (DaRE) Laboratory, led by Assoc Prof Meng How Tan. The lab works on developing and applying cutting edge biotechnologies, including single-cell, CRISPR-Cas, and next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies, to read-write-interpret genomes and transcriptomes in living cells. The postdoctoral fellows will have unique opportunities to explore innovative ideas and develop new tools and methodologies to push the boundaries of human genome and transcriptome engineering, potentially leading to novel nucleic acid therapeutics.
(1) PhD degree from a reputable university
(2) Strong research experience in biomedical sciences or biotechnology (such as genomics, genome engineering, genetics, microbiology, cell biology, molecular biology, synthetic biology, bioengineering etc)
(3) Outstanding publication track record, preferably with a first-author paper
(4) Good understanding of the latest genomic technologies, including single-cell methods, CRISPR, and high-throughput sequencing
(5) Self-motivated and takes initiative
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and CV, including contact information of two references, to [email protected]. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
About Our Organization
A research-intensive public university, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) has 33,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students in the Engineering, Business, Science, Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences, and Graduate colleges. It also has a medical school, the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, established jointly with Imperial College London.
Ranked amongst the world’s top universities by QS, NTU has also been named the world’s top young university for the past seven years. The University’s main campus is frequently listed among the Top 15 most beautiful university campuses in the world and has 57 Green Mark-certified (equivalent to LEED-certified) buildings, of which 95% are certified Green Mark Platinum. Apart from its main campus, NTU also has a campus in Novena, Singapore’s healthcare district.