Electrical Engineer - Scientific Instrumentation
300 Griffith Road
Chicopee, MA 01022
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic, and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications, and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We are looking for an Electrical Electronics Engineer (EEE) to join our team. Some of the responsibilities will be:
- Work with the engineering team in Chicopee to become the in-house expert on the function, assembly, manufacturing, and QC of the XF instruments.
- Work with the instrument manufacturing team in the production of the XF instruments while identifying manufacturing issues that may be eliminated through design changes, fixturing, process improvements, and QC protocols.
- Read and interpret engineering documentation such as schematics, wire diagrams, and process documentation.
- Design and develop QC protocols, test procedures, fixturing, and documentation to ensure 100% accuracy of the manufacturing process.
- Work with the design team to implement changes to improve production capabilities
- Implement process improvements to achieve cost reductions to ongoing and new manufacturing projects
- Troubleshoot PC boards and either repair or coordinate repairs with outside techs and or vendors
- Design a process and develop a plan for test equipment required to implement process changes and cost reductions
- Specify requirements for test equipment and manage the process of tool development, testing, qualification, and implementation
- Determine appropriate grouping of subassemblies such that efficient manufacturing lines can be developed
- Work with the management team to ensure seamless production goals are achieved
- Perform assembly and testing of mechanical and electrical subassemblies to be utilized in electro-optic instrumentation using engineering documentation, schematics, and procedures
- Observe all safety requirements in the assembly area
- Have a solid understanding of ISO procedures, Quality Policy, and company policies as stated in employee handbook
- Control all non-conforming components to prevent unintended shipment
- Develop automated and non-automated solutions
- Bachelors, Masters or other University level degree specializing in Electrical Engineering; an advanced degree is preferred but not required
- 2+ years of related work experience; 1+ year specific experience working on complex electrical and/or electronics equipment
- Familiarity with SolidWorks, CAD design software packages, Excel, and Microsoft Office software
- Prior experience working in a quality-controlled manufacturing environment, strong preference for ISO expertise
- Strong project management skills, ability to prioritize conflicting tasks, and effective time management tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently