Scientist/Senior Scientist [RDR108 Cell Bio (PW)]
5500 Central Avenue
Boulder, CO 80301
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Boulder, Colorado location.
Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world's first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Scientist/Senior Scientist in our Cell Biology-Microbe Team located in Boulder, Colorado.
As a Scientist/Senior Scientist in the Cell Biology group you will be part of a diverse team discovering and building the biological reagents for genome engineering at the heart of Inscripta’s Digital Genome Engineering platforms. In this position, you will have the opportunity to build transformative editing technologies and work with a world class team of Engineers, Biologists, and Computer Scientists. The nature of role is likely to change and expand as Inscripta grows.
- Engineering of diverse microbial species
- Innovation of new genome engineering workflows on the digital genome platform
- Develop, test, and optimize assays and product workflows
- Collaborate closely with the team members and other cross-functional groups
- Analyze and present experimental data
- Support laboratory operations at the Boulder facility
- Ph.D in cell biology, biological engineering, or related fields is required. 3+ years post-PhD research experience is preferred.
- Experience in forward engineering of diverse microbial species
- Experience in molecular biology, cloning and genome editing techniques
- Experience with NGS techniques and analysis
- Familiarity with lab automation and associated workflows
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams
- Exceptional data analysis and quantitative skills
- Track record of creativity and problem solving leading to successful products
How to Apply
About Our Organization
Inscripta is a life science technology company enabling scientists to solve some of today’s most pressing challenges with the first benchtop system for genome editing. The company’s automated Onyx™ platform, consisting of an instrument, consumables, assays, and software, makes CRISPR-based genome engineering accessible to any research lab. Inscripta supports its customers around the world from facilities in Boulder, Colo.; San Diego and Pleasanton, Calif.; and Copenhagen, Denmark. To learn more, visit Inscripta.com and follow @InscriptaInc.