Material Management Specialist
6000 Shoreline Court
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
401 K Match
The Veracyte Clinical Laboratory continues to grow! We are seeking a new Materials Management Specialist to manage the needs of our CLIA lab operations in our collaborative, high-energy work environment. S/he will be responsible for supporting inventory management. Other key aspects of the role include:
- Assist Laboratory Management in various aspects of laboratory operations
- Assist CLIA materials management program, working with Laboratory Management, Quality Assurance, and Finance to ensure appropriate inventory is recorded and maintained
- Receive and unpack inventory and supplies from incoming shipments
- Ensure inventory is quarantined, released, or returned upon appropriate inspection and/or testing, according to SOPs
- Ensure appropriate testing and calibration is performed on incoming reagents and consumables, including proper documentation
- Perform accurate and timely monthly and weekly physical audits of inventory to maintain proper documentation of in-house supplies
- Maintain clear separation of R&D and CLIA materials, arranging for proper transfer of materials, when needed, to maintain proper inter-department COGS
- Accurately manage and track laboratory inventory with regards to expiration dates to reduce the chance of loss of inventory due to expiration of materials
- Assist in forecasting of materials necessary for laboratory operations to continue unhindered
- Interacts seamlessly with multi-disciplinary teams both within and outside the organization
- Manage and maintain good vendor relationships
- Contribute to our learning environment through ongoing training and development
- Have the ability to thrive in a challenging, highly diverse team environment
What We Can Offer You:
Veracyte is a growing company that offers significant career opportunities if you are curious, driven, patient-oriented and aspire to help us build a great company. We work collaboratively, offering you the opportunity to constantly learn from your colleagues – even those outside of your area of expertise. Here at Veracyte, we find fun, little ways to make it a great place to work – participate in our annual Halloween costume contest, treat yourself to free coffee or the endless supply of PB&J sandwiches, and toast with colleagues as we celebrate milestones. We also offer conveniences such as an on-site workout room and free shuttle service from both BART and CalTrain. We are a company with a heart and believe in positively impacting the world beyond our doors by providing our product to those who cannot afford it through a financial assistance program. Veracyte seeks the best employees and works to create an environment where they can thrive, expand their knowledge and contribute at the highest level.
Who You Are:
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in a related field, with at least 1 year of experience with inventory management. Experience with Microsoft Office is required. You’ll be able to lift a maximum of 50lbs. We would like you to share our commitment to teamwork and collaboration and be excited by the challenges of applying your expertise to an important, emerging area in molecular diagnostics.
How to Apply
Please submit resume to Tiffany Shih at [email protected]
About Our Organization
Veracyte (Nasdaq: VCYT) is a global genomic diagnostics company that improves patient care by providing answers to clinical questions, informing diagnosis and treatment decisions throughout the patient journey in cancer and other diseases. The company’s growing menu of genomic tests leverage advances in genomic science and technology, enabling patients to avoid risky, costly diagnostic procedures and quicken time to appropriate treatment. The company’s tests in lung cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer, thyroid cancer, bladder cancer and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis are available to patients and its lymphoma subtyping and renal cancer tests are in development. With Veracyte’s exclusive global license to a best-in-class diagnostics instrument platform, the company is positioned to deliver its tests to patients worldwide. Veracyte is based in South San Francisco, California. For more information, please visit www.veracyte.com and follow the company on Twitter (@veracyte).
Veracyte affords equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, veteran or marital status. Veracyte participates in E-Verify in the United States.