91 Blue Ravine Road
Folsom, CA 95630
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
"What's it like to work at Agilent in Manufacturing? Watch the video"
Are you interested in playing a pivotal role in cultivating a product line that has the promise to support breakthroughs in future therapeutic developments? Agilent Technologies is seeking an Operations Planner for its growing life sciences manufacturing operation located in Folsom, California. Agilent's laboratory consumables business is an industry leader in innovation, market share and performance. Agilent is seeking energetic, motivated individuals with demonstrated skills in planning, systems development, teamwork and communication.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience working in a fast-paced, high-throughput, leading-edge manufacturing facility, producing products used world-wide for ensuring quality and compliance in such areas as: diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, research and others.
As a member of the Order Fulfillment and Supply Chain team, the Operations Planner will:
- Use inventory replenishment models and manufacturing resource planning tools in SAP to support Supply Planning and strategic distribution of consumable products.
- Leverage SAP to satisfy global customer demand while meeting Agilent performance metrics (product availability and on time delivery)
- Provide cross-functional team with clear, timely and accurate information relating to Operations Plan and resourcing issues.
- Develop and drive long and short-term production plans.
- Manage and provide analysis of scheduling trends in-line with capacity allowances.
- Proactively identify opportunities for optimization of production plans, inventory level management, and delivery performance.
- Facilitate and communicate deviations in production plan and propose mitigation plans to Operations team.
- Communicate with business cross functions with appropriate operational information for customer orders.
- Active involvement in continuous improvement plans (Lean, Six Sigma, and process optimization)
- Support New Product Introductions at the supply-chain level utilizing end-to-end planning, supply chain, and SAP knowledge and expertise.
Critical Skills & Behaviors:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with a proactive approach.
- Possesses good general skills including time management, multi-tasking, flexibility, project management and prioritization.
- Talent for establishing and maintaining work relationships.
- Aptitude to follow verbal and written instructions with accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Project experience and capable of successfully participating in global cross-functional initiatives across diverse groups, sites and organizations.
- Strong business acumen; effectively interacts and understands different levels of the organization.
- Seeks agreement on expectations and deliverables; holds self and others accountable.
- Customer satisfaction focus, both internal and external. Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities.
- Continuous learning focus; takes initiative to continually expand knowledge base and return learning to the organization. Owns personal development.
- Embraces effective decision-making skills; uses good judgment and can bring closure to issues.
- Continually demonstrates reliability and delivery of measured results, executed with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates strong teamwork skills and can collaborate and work effectively with others, managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Adapts to changing priorities.
- Bachelors or Master's degree or equivalent education
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Previous experience in SAP or similar manufacturing ERP system
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Excel and similar platforms
- Good Business Acumen with a positive solutions-oriented approach and ability to build productive relationships.